I follow

For all things Barrow AFC. Keep discussions civil and fair, we're all Barrow aren't we!
User avatar
Esso Blue
Senior Member
Posts: 425
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:59 pm
Location: Buckinghamshire
Contact:

Re: I follow

Post by Esso Blue » Thu May 09, 2024 11:51 am

A question for Adam - what is the position regarding your commentary for next season? BBC and iFollow had a good arrangement but I’m not sure that BBC and Sky will be quite so comfortable. Will your commentary on RC be available for all games?
Boom, Boom, Boom, Boom.....

blue nige
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 7129
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:21 pm
Location: Antarctica
Contact:

Re: I follow

Post by blue nige » Thu May 09, 2024 12:14 pm

bluessupporter wrote: ↑Thu May 09, 2024 9:07 am
Desmond2-2 wrote: ↑Thu May 09, 2024 8:01 am Sky has now become ridiculously unaffordable to many, just get a “ dodgy stick” like half the population.
Not sure about the dodgy stick but you're right about Sky. I am currently paying around £65 pm with a month to go and they want around £95 for the new contract. I usually negotiate but the ability to do that seems to have gone under the new ownership. I am looking at EE which seems to give me Sky and TNT (which I don't have now) at a cost of around £70 plus all the usual terrestrial channels.

Has anyone got an EE TV package - if so what's it like?
All ee gives you is now tv sky sports !, the new sky channel is going to be called Sky Sports Plus and the games will be Friday Saturday Sunday afternoons I know everyone doesn't work at BAE but this will effect people on shifts therefore changing our attendances!😢

User avatar
Adam29
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 7290
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 5:57 pm
Location: Barrow-in-Furness
Contact:

Re: I follow

Post by Adam29 » Thu May 09, 2024 12:19 pm

Esso Blue wrote: ↑Thu May 09, 2024 11:51 am A question for Adam - what is the position regarding your commentary for next season? BBC and iFollow had a good arrangement but I’m not sure that BBC and Sky will be quite so comfortable. Will your commentary on RC be available for all games?
I’ll be on the radio as normal nothing changes on my front
Uk residents will still get audio commentary on the club website
And iFollow will still exist for people based abroad

bluessupporter
Platinum Member
Posts: 3425
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:23 pm

Re: I follow

Post by bluessupporter » Thu May 09, 2024 12:24 pm

blue nige wrote: ↑Thu May 09, 2024 12:14 pm
bluessupporter wrote: ↑Thu May 09, 2024 9:07 am

Not sure about the dodgy stick but you're right about Sky. I am currently paying around £65 pm with a month to go and they want around £95 for the new contract. I usually negotiate but the ability to do that seems to have gone under the new ownership. I am looking at EE which seems to give me Sky and TNT (which I don't have now) at a cost of around £70 plus all the usual terrestrial channels.

Has anyone got an EE TV package - if so what's it like?
All ee gives you is now tv sky sports !, the new sky channel is going to be called Sky Sports Plus and the games will be Friday Saturday Sunday afternoons I know everyone doesn't work at BAE but this will effect people on shifts therefore changing our attendances!😢
Thanks for that. I have looked up EE on TrustPilot and their reviews are poor. No doubt most of them relate to their mobile phone service, but I think I'll give it a swerve anyway.

blue nige
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 7129
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:21 pm
Location: Antarctica
Contact:

Re: I follow

Post by blue nige » Thu May 09, 2024 12:28 pm

bluessupporter wrote: ↑Thu May 09, 2024 12:24 pm
blue nige wrote: ↑Thu May 09, 2024 12:14 pm

All ee gives you is now tv sky sports !, the new sky channel is going to be called Sky Sports Plus and the games will be Friday Saturday Sunday afternoons I know everyone doesn't work at BAE but this will effect people on shifts therefore changing our attendances!😢
Thanks for that. I have looked up EE on TrustPilot and their reviews are poor. No doubt most of them relate to their mobile phone service, but I think I'll give it a swerve anyway.
Yeah I had it with Bt and you don't get offers like you do from Now tv so I ditched it !

boyliegladbach
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 8720
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:07 am
Location: Tel aviv
Contact:

Re: I follow

Post by boyliegladbach » Thu May 09, 2024 5:31 pm

Hopefully they can still all be steamed illegally

sambino
Silver Member
Posts: 1431
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:07 pm
Contact:

Re: I follow

Post by sambino » Thu May 09, 2024 9:09 pm

Will be less money from me next season then I can only really do a Saturday maybe an odd Sunday but cannot attend on a Friday night assume others in the same boat and not just our club

Main Stand SeasonTct
Platinum Member
Posts: 3246
Joined: Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:05 pm
Contact:

Re: I follow

Post by Main Stand SeasonTct » Thu May 09, 2024 9:28 pm

sambino wrote: ↑Thu May 09, 2024 9:09 pm Will be less money from me next season then I can only really do a Saturday maybe an odd Sunday but cannot attend on a Friday night assume others in the same boat and not just our club
IMO Attendances will be down generally next season across both league one and two due to this tv deal. Along with agents asking for more money for players citing the extra TV money I doubt clubs in the lower leagues will be much better off financially if at all.

Methuselah
Silver Member
Posts: 1372
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:35 pm
Contact:

Re: I follow

Post by Methuselah » Thu May 09, 2024 10:05 pm

Main Stand SeasonTct wrote: ↑Thu May 09, 2024 9:28 pm
sambino wrote: ↑Thu May 09, 2024 9:09 pm Will be less money from me next season then I can only really do a Saturday maybe an odd Sunday but cannot attend on a Friday night assume others in the same boat and not just our club
IMO Attendances will be down generally next season across both league one and two due to this tv deal. Along with agents asking for more money for players citing the extra TV money I doubt clubs in the lower leagues will be much better off financially if at all.
In that case is this tv deal.such a god deal after all?It could sound the death nell for a lot of the smaller clubs if their attendances decrease.It will suit a lot of the larger clubs who will no doubt get most of the tv coverage ,also because of the increased money the agents will no doubt increase the amount demanded from.them for players which would exclude a lot of clubs competing for players with maybe six clubs in each league competing for the same group.of players.I seem to think that Pete Wild's method of finding previous unknown players in the lower divisions might turn out to.be our clubs best way of surviving in the current situation.

Main Stand SeasonTct
Platinum Member
Posts: 3246
Joined: Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:05 pm
Contact:

Re: I follow

Post by Main Stand SeasonTct » Fri May 10, 2024 9:22 am

Methuselah wrote: ↑Thu May 09, 2024 10:05 pm
Main Stand SeasonTct wrote: ↑Thu May 09, 2024 9:28 pm

IMO Attendances will be down generally next season across both league one and two due to this tv deal. Along with agents asking for more money for players citing the extra TV money I doubt clubs in the lower leagues will be much better off financially if at all.
In that case is this tv deal.such a god deal after all?It could sound the death nell for a lot of the smaller clubs if their attendances decrease.It will suit a lot of the larger clubs who will no doubt get most of the tv coverage ,also because of the increased money the agents will no doubt increase the amount demanded from.them for players which would exclude a lot of clubs competing for players with maybe six clubs in each league competing for the same group.of players.I seem to think that Pete Wild's method of finding previous unknown players in the lower divisions might turn out to.be our clubs best way of surviving in the current situation.
An interesting take from Carlisle CEO Nigel Cribbins on the TV deal. Saying that clubs will now get no money from IFollow and the tv deal will leave them around £130k a season better off. Info in link below

https://www.newsandstar.co.uk/news/2431 ... -efl-deal/

blue nige
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 7129
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:21 pm
Location: Antarctica
Contact:

Re: I follow

Post by blue nige » Fri May 10, 2024 11:39 am

Main Stand SeasonTct wrote: ↑Fri May 10, 2024 9:22 am
Methuselah wrote: ↑Thu May 09, 2024 10:05 pm
In that case is this tv deal.such a god deal after all?It could sound the death nell for a lot of the smaller clubs if their attendances decrease.It will suit a lot of the larger clubs who will no doubt get most of the tv coverage ,also because of the increased money the agents will no doubt increase the amount demanded from.them for players which would exclude a lot of clubs competing for players with maybe six clubs in each league competing for the same group.of players.I seem to think that Pete Wild's method of finding previous unknown players in the lower divisions might turn out to.be our clubs best way of surviving in the current situation.
An interesting take from Carlisle CEO Nigel Cribbins on the TV deal. Saying that clubs will now get no money from IFollow and the tv deal will leave them around £130k a season better off. Info in link below

https://www.newsandstar.co.uk/news/2431 ... -efl-deal/
Yeah but you only need 10 player's to ask for a pay rise say £100 a week and that's £50,000 gone!

Main Stand SeasonTct
Platinum Member
Posts: 3246
Joined: Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:05 pm
Contact:

Re: I follow

Post by Main Stand SeasonTct » Fri May 10, 2024 11:55 am

blue nige wrote: ↑Fri May 10, 2024 11:39 am
Main Stand SeasonTct wrote: ↑Fri May 10, 2024 9:22 am

An interesting take from Carlisle CEO Nigel Cribbins on the TV deal. Saying that clubs will now get no money from IFollow and the tv deal will leave them around £130k a season better off. Info in link below

https://www.newsandstar.co.uk/news/2431 ... -efl-deal/
Yeah but you only need 10 player's to ask for a pay rise say £100 a week and that's £50,000 gone!
Exactly.... Its a very poor deal IMO and its the fans that will suffer with numerous changes in KO times.

bluessupporter
Platinum Member
Posts: 3425
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:23 pm

Re: I follow

Post by bluessupporter » Fri May 10, 2024 1:46 pm

Main Stand SeasonTct wrote: ↑Fri May 10, 2024 11:55 am
Exactly.... Its a very poor deal IMO and its the fans that will suffer with numerous changes in KO times.
And if those kick-off times don't suit, it could be more convenient to sit in front of Sky for nothing!

Hadrian
Platinum Member
Posts: 4751
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:32 pm
Contact:

Re: I follow

Post by Hadrian » Fri May 10, 2024 2:10 pm

The notional pay rise for the ten players only becomes as issue if their employers agree!
THE NORTHERN WAY

Burnage Bluebird
Member
Posts: 66
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2020 3:18 pm
Location: Burnage
Contact:

Re: I follow

Post by Burnage Bluebird » Fri May 10, 2024 3:25 pm

Main Stand SeasonTct wrote: ↑Fri May 10, 2024 11:55 am
blue nige wrote: ↑Fri May 10, 2024 11:39 am

Yeah but you only need 10 player's to ask for a pay rise say £100 a week and that's £50,000 gone!
Exactly.... Its a very poor deal IMO and its the fans that will suffer with numerous changes in KO times.
In the past, fans have suffered from late scheduling changes, so we are delighted that the EFL and Sky have committed to announcing all TV fixtures until January at the start of the season.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 22 guests