Barrow’s next manager
- Wintergreen
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 7481
- Joined: Fri May 30, 2008 12:38 pm
- Location: The Blue Planet
- Contact:
Re: Barrow’s next manager
We will foller the soccer, over land and sea...
-
Main Stand SeasonTct
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 3250
- Joined: Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:05 pm
- Contact:
Re: Barrow’s next manager
Pure click bait. They can't even get the job title correct. Its head coach the club have said they require not a manager.bluessupporter wrote: ↑Mon May 27, 2024 9:56 am Three candidates mentioned here (already mentioned by others but interesting).
https://the72.co.uk/2024/05/27/barrow-c ... ager-role/
-
Suffolk Blue
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 3807
- Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:09 pm
- Contact:
Re: Barrow’s next manager
Given what has been written about the role and the DoF I would suggest we discount the idea of a gnarled old former manager.
Far more likely to be a younger man I would have thought. Leighton Baines is an interesting one. Though before anyone gets too excited about the prospect his CV has a similar look to that of David Dunn and we know how that turned out.
Far more likely to be a younger man I would have thought. Leighton Baines is an interesting one. Though before anyone gets too excited about the prospect his CV has a similar look to that of David Dunn and we know how that turned out.
Re: Barrow’s next manager
It's going to be a gamble, whoever it is. However, the Board members have now had experience of appointing people from (shall we say) quite a range of backgrounds, not to mention different types of personality, so I would hope they know the type they want (and the types they don't want).
-
blue nige
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 7135
- Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:21 pm
- Location: Antarctica
- Contact:
Re: Barrow’s next manager
What we don't want is a manager who's been to larger club's because they'll always be comparing us with their other club's, we need someone who's worked at club's of a similar stature, relatively successful and can bring fresh ideas!, simple really 

-
MisterPleasant
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 5252
- Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:29 am
- Contact:
Re: Barrow’s next manager
Yes, I'd agree with that. I can't see Keith Curle et al being the type we would/should be looking at not least because I could foresee regular clashes with the DoF. Equally, my view is that it should be someone with more experience of coaching at a higher level than Leighton Baines.Suffolk Blue wrote: ↑Mon May 27, 2024 11:42 am Given what has been written about the role and the DoF I would suggest we discount the idea of a gnarled old former manager.
Far more likely to be a younger man I would have thought. Leighton Baines is an interesting one. Though before anyone gets too excited about the prospect his CV has a similar look to that of David Dunn and we know how that turned out.
Nevertheless, I expect, and would hope, that in the last 2 weeks of speculation and rumour Iain Wood has been scouting the field and is probably some way down the recruitment road already.
Don't let the old man in.
-
Main Stand SeasonTct
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 3250
- Joined: Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:05 pm
- Contact:
Re: Barrow’s next manager
Gary Boyer has been relatively successful at lower league levels and did very well at Dundee. I wouldn't be against his appointment
- BarrowLad71
- Veteran Member
- Posts: 569
- Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2022 6:45 pm
- Contact:
Re: Barrow’s next manager
And who was Ian Evatt before he took the Barrow job in the management worldSuffolk Blue wrote: ↑Mon May 27, 2024 11:42 am Given what has been written about the role and the DoF I would suggest we discount the idea of a gnarled old former manager.
Far more likely to be a younger man I would have thought. Leighton Baines is an interesting one. Though before anyone gets too excited about the prospect his CV has a similar look to that of David Dunn and we know how that turned out.
Dunn didn’t go to plan but he had more experience coaching than Evatt at that point.
Both were massive risks and one got a massive reward
-
Barrow afc 2018
- Veteran Member
- Posts: 688
- Joined: Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:31 pm
- Contact:
Re: Barrow’s next manager
Would come as no surprise if the appointment didn’t come from within, that would provide continuity and save money with the emphasis on saving money. There are no guarantees whichever road the club goes down.
Re: Barrow’s next manager
Kevin Phillips would be my bet
- Bigfathoss
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 2767
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 4:35 pm
- Contact:
Re: Barrow’s next manager
If it matters to anybody, one thing I would say you could count on from Baines is loyalty. That guy sticks to a job.
A=A
Your life, is YOUR life. Live it.
Your life, is YOUR life. Live it.
Re: Barrow’s next manager
It may be that Iain Wood is also scouting the field to find a suitable "head coach" to work with !!!
Re: Barrow’s next manager
"What we don't want is a manager who's been to larger club's because they'll always be comparing us with. their other club's,"
I agree with that-spot on.
Someone else on here said, "keep it simple". Yes indeed, keep it simple. Use the same template they used when they got Pete Wild - someone who has done well at a lower level club - such as the guy at Altrincham. He could well be willing to adapt to accommodate the wishes of the BoD etc.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: liam_b82 and 18 guests